Britta: my new Nordic inspiration crochet blanket

Well, my dears, summer is ending, but the weather's still hot and sunny here. How's about you? Nevertheless, I have not stopped crocheting. Britta Blanket, this new Nordic inspiration crochet sofa blanket, is what I've had in my hands last weeks.

Bueno, el verano va terminando, pero el calor no remite. ¿Cómo lo lleváis vosotras? A pesar de ello, no he dejado de tejer. Britta Blanket, esta nueva manta de ganchillo para sofá de inspiración nórdica, es lo que he tenido en mis manos estas pasadas semanas.

Britta crochet blanket pattern by Anabelia Craft Design

Comencé a tejer la flores de la manta hace ahora justo ¡un año! Si recordáis bien, ya os lo había adelantado AQUI. Pero, como me pasa demasiado a menudo, el proyecto quedó en eso, paralizado durante meses a pesar de que tenía una idea muy clara de lo que deseaba hacer y estaba entusiasmada con él.

I began to crochet flowers for this blanket one year ago!, as I told HERE. And, as often happens to me, the project was left for months even though I had a very clear idea of what I wanted to do and I was so excited about it.

Britta crochet blanket pattern by Anabelia Craft Design

Aprovechando el parón veraniego, lo he retomado en su idea inicial y ahora ¡por fin! ya podéis ver la manta terminada. 

The summer break gave me the opportunity to take this project in hands once again and you can see it finished at last!

Britta crochet blanket pattern by Anabelia Craft Design

La gama de colores no es la que habitualmente encontráis en mi blog, lo sé: quería apostar por algo diferente, más sobrio y quizá más arriesgado. Gris, burdeos y pistacho, con el blanco roto para integrar. ¿Qué os parece a vosotras? :o)

The color palette is not what you usually find in my blog, I know it. I wished to taste something different, perhaps a little bit more risky: grey, burgundy and pistachio, broken white to integrate all of them. What do you think? I would be pleased to read your comments :o)

Britta crochet blanket pattern by Anabelia Craft Design

Las flores de ganchillo de 2 vueltas son muy fáciles de hacer, pero se integran en los cuadrados de ganchillo de un modo más original. También, la distribución de las flores por colores en la manta está hecha de una forma algo aleatoria a propósito, como detallo en el esquema de color incluido en el patrón de la manta Britta.

The 2 rounds crochet flowers are very easy to make, but they are integrated in the crochet squares in a singular way. Also, the distribution of color flowers in the blanket is made slightly random, as it's shown in the color scheme which is included in Britta Blanket Pattern.

Britta crochet blanket pattern by Anabelia Craft Design

Respecto al método de unión de los cuadrados, he estado revisando y repasando todos los métodos que he encontrado en la red. De hecho, el recopilatorio más completo lo he encontrado AQUI. Creo que la forma en la que he unido los cuadrados de esta manta se parece al Scallop Join Method, pero no estoy muy segura porque las imágenes no son muy claras y no llego a entender del todo las instrucciones.

Regarding the squares Joining Method, I've been reviewing and revising all methods I've found on the net. In fact, the most complete compilation I've found is HERE. I think the way in which I've joined the squares in this blanket is the Scallop Join Method, but I'm not sure at all because the images that I found on the net are not very clearand I don't fully understand the instructions.

Britta crochet blanket pattern by Anabelia Craft Design

De cualquier modo, creo que se le parece bastante, aunque yo estaba más interesada en la apariencia que iban a tomar las uniones en las esquinas de los cuadrados: esa especie de estrella o araña que se forma ahí y que también le da un efecto agradable y ligero a la manta. ¿No os parece a vosotras lo mismo?

Anyway, I think that I've joined the squares in a similar way to Scallop Join Method, although I was much more interested in the joined corners: they look like star or little spider shapes and that also gives a light and nice effect to the blanket. Don't you think so?

Britta crochet blanket pattern by Anabelia Craft Design

Nuevamente, el Hotel San Roque ha sido el privilegiado entorno en el que he podido realizar las fotografías de Britta Blanket. Y nuevamente, he de transmitirle mi absoluto agradecimiento a la Dirección y staff del hotel por todo su apoyo y la amabilidad que siempre les caracteriza.

Once again, Hotel San Roque has been the privileged setting where I could take Britta Blanket pictures. And again, I'd wish to express all my appreciation to the hotel management and staff for all their support and kindness.

Britta crochet blanket pattern by Anabelia Craft Design

🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸


Y ya nos hemos instalado en Septiembre. 
Muchas de vosotras (incluida yo) diréis: “¡Por fin!”  El verano, el descanso, el sol, la playa, el aire libre, el compartir el tiempo con familia y amigos… todo ello es estupendo, maravilloso. Pero también agradezco volver a temperaturas más suaves y agradables, a horarios razonables y ¡al inicio de temporada! Estoy ansiosa por ver nuevos colores de lanas y maravillosos nuevos proyectos en vuestros blogs otra vez.

Con este proyecto retomo la actividad normal en el blog: ¡ya lo echaba de menos! 
Os deseo una feliz y suave vuelta a la rutina a todas :o)

And September has settled down! 
Many of you (including me) would say: "At last!" Long summer days, rest, sun, beach, outdoor spare time with family and friends ... all this was great, delightful... However, I thank to get back to softer and pleasant temperatures, to reasonable timetables... The new season is coming! and I'm so excited to find new wool colors and new amazing projects in your blogs once again.

I resume normal activity on the blog with this project. I'd missed so much!
I wish you a happy and smooth return to routine :o)


Happy and creative week!

¡Feliz y creativa semana!


WON'T MISS A THING! READ BLOG UPDATES HERE:

FIND ME WHERE YOU MOVE: 
 

Comments

  1. Your Britta blanket is beautiful. I love the grey and the refreshing white to join the squares together. I also like the random choice of the coloured flowers within the design, with slightly more white ones which bring it all together. Well done, for such a lovely end result. Great photos to show them off in the Hotel San Roque!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks so much, Sandra! I'm very glad you like this blanket. And yes, the slightly more white flowers helped me to soften the depth shade of grey, and color flowers are just like color brushstrokes on the blanket. Have a wonderful week! xxx

      Delete
  2. Preciosa!!! Aunque los colores son más sobriolos , la combinación es perfecta!!!. me gusta mucho el método de unión.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es una manta preciosa,la combinación de colores resulta muy bonita,gran trabajo!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, Pilar, por la visita y por dejarme un comentario. Gracias a ello he descubierto tu blog, que está lleno a rebosar de obras de arte con la aguja. Besosss y ¡feliz inicio de semana! :-)

      Delete

  4. Muy bonita toda la manta, colores , patron e método de union. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola, Ana, muchas gracias por tu visita. Me alegra que te guste :-) El patrón es muy facilito: quien tiene costumbre de tejer la hace casi con los ojos cerrados. Un beso enorme y feliz inicio de semana! :-)

      Delete
  5. Dear Anabelia, your blanket is gorgeous! Maybe these aren't your usual colors, but they're absolutely beautiful! I like to work with grey color, too! It is always a great pleasure to visit your beautiful blog! You're such an inspiration!
    x Dada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dragana! You're one of my most inspiring bloggers and it's always a pleasure for me to know that you like any of my works. I just came back from visiting your blog and have been marveled at your cheerful newborn blanket. Have a wonderful week! xxx

      Delete
  6. OH ich bin begeisert
    ich würde JAHRE dafür brauchen,,,

    tolle FARBEN

    WÜNSCHE noch einen schönen ABEND
    bis bald die BIRGIT aus TIROL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, my dear, I'm happy you like it :-) Have a wonderful week! xxx

      Delete
  7. A stunning blanket , as always. I find the main color very refreshing and the flowers really sparkle. The white joining sets everything off beautifully! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Irene! Thank so much for your visit and kind comment :-) I'm glad you like this blanket. Have a lovely week! xxx

      Delete
  8. Qué manta tan preciosa!!! me encanta como has combinado los colores!!!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, Bego :-) ¡Feliz inicio de semana! Besossss

      Delete
  9. I like the new blanket, expecially the colourful flowers. I also like crocheting and waiting for your new projects in September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Margi! Thanks so much for your kind comment and I'm so happy you like this blanket. Yes, September is the best month for new projects :-) Have a nice week! xxx

      Delete
  10. Es un diseño precioso y la combinación de colores muy bonita para mi gusto (aunque en mi pantalla en vez de gris lo veo azul navy!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola, Rosana, me alegra que te guste :-) Es un gris azulado en realidad, pero si lo ves azul navy debe ser por la calibración de la pantalla. Las pantallas se van descalibrando en el plazo de un mes más o menos. Acabo de regresar de visitar tu blog y quiero darte las gracias por tu último post. Hace tiempo que vengo pensando lo mismo. Besosss y feliz inicio de semana :-)

      Delete
  11. Hello Anabelia,
    this blanket is absolutely gorgeous. It's got a cool feeling about it, seems perfect for summer evenings, when the sun's down and it gets a little fresh. I'm no fan of grey myself, finding millions of excuses not to start a tablerunner for a friend, because she wants it made in grey, but this blanket really is wunderful!
    Happy September,
    Marjan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, my dear! Yes, I understand you and agree: grey is also hard to match for me. I think that's the reason why I left this project by months. Happy September to you too!! xxx

      Delete
  12. Muy bonita, me gusta mucho como te ha quedado, ligera y a la vez otoñal. Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, Sonia, me alegra que te guste :-) ¡Feliz inicio de temporada! Besossss

      Delete
  13. It's also hot, here, in Eastern Canada. I love the name you gave to your blanket (with that elegant blue!). Nordic... like the cold blue Arctic water. Very refreshing. With the white yarn, your piece looks even more crisp and fresh. I love it!
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, France, and thanks so much for your kind comment :-) The weather is getting fresh these last two days here (Canary Islands), and now the temperature is proper for the month of September: around 20 degrees, what encourage me much to do crochet ;-) Have a wonderful week! xxx

      Delete
  14. Es una manta preciosa y los colores me parecen sensacionales, el azulon de fondo me encanta :D
    Besote!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias, Ayla :-) ¡Feliz inicio de temporada! Besossss

      Delete
  15. Oh, this is beautiful! I love the colors and your stitchwork looks perfect. I really like the look of that joining method! I haven't tried that one before, I'll have to look it up.


    The Yarn Fanatic Party is back after a long summer break! I'd love to "see" you there again! http://www.thephilosopherswife.net/2016/09/yarn-fanatic-party-59.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Rachel, and thanks so much for your kind comments. I like very much this joining method because it gives lightness to the blanket. I hope you try it and tell me. Have a nice week! xxx

      Delete
  16. La manta es preciosa, aunque son tonos a los que yo tampoco estoy acostumbrada la puedo ver perfectamente sobre un sofá de colores claros. La unión entre cuadrados me parece muy bonita, echaré un vistazo al recopilatorio porque siempre tendemos a hacer los mismos puntos y hay que variar y aprender cosas nuevas. :-)
    Feliz inicio de la temporada, besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sí, Alhana, la verdad es que tenía en mente un sofá blanco cuando elegí los colores para la manta. El contraste sería fuerte y la manta... ¡se haría notar! ;-) Este recopilatorio de métodos de unión me ha sido siempre muy útil cuando tengo que decidir cómo voy a unir los cuadrados de una manta. Espero que para ti también lo sea. ¡Feliz vuelta a la rutina! Besossss

      Delete
  17. Очень аккуратный плед!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Preciosa nooo, lo siguiente... me chifla, los colores, el diseño... bonito trabajo.
    Besos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me parece fantástica, la combinación de color, la ejecución, la puesta en escena, todo absolutamente todo coordina y encaja. Puedes lanzarte a colorido fuerte porque le dás el punto perfecto. Es preciosa.
    Un besazo.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats! Awesome blanket! I really love the colors combination and the photos!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana ( from Ana Love Craft)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Una manta preciosa, combinaste los colores de maravilla y la unión me encanta!!!
    Un beso y ya no me pierdo tus creaciones!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your blanket is beautiful, thank you for sharing with the stash-link party. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cualquier color en tus manos se convierte en precioso haciendo único y diferente todo lo que haces. En verano no soy capaz de ganchillar y menos este que hemos pasado aquí en Galicia con tanta calor, que se agradece para disfrutarlo pero que no es lo normal. Así que, bienvenida "rutina" jijiji.... Bikos

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations your lovely blanket has been featured. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts